Friday, March 28, 2008

Let the Weddings Begin!

I love weddings. Always have. Since the very first one I can remember. I was the flower girl in close church/family friends wedding in the 80's. I got to wear this fabulous pink dress with big puffy sleeves. All the bridesmaids had big 80's hair, with similar puffy sleeves.

Since that day, I think I always dreamed about having my wedding at my church. 20 years later, it happened.
Since we got married (July 22, 2006), I have enjoyed weddings even more. I appreciate the hard work that goes into them. And, I appreciate that I get to go to the wedding, eat, drink, dance and have fun. That is all. No hair or makeup appointments. No pictures (okay, thats a lie, I am always taking pictures), no worries, no nerves, no rushing around, no being hungry! It's just all about having fun with our friends/family and celebrating with the Bride and Groom.

Ryan and I are blessed to have so many friends that want to include us in their weddings. Ryan has been a groomsman in several weddings so that means bachelor parties too. Our social and travel calendar has pretty much been consumed by weddings and wedding related events since the year we got married.

This weekend, we kick off the wedding season in style with a wedding in Houston. Here's our schedule:

March: One in Houston
April: One in Jackson, MS; One in The Woodlands
May: Bachelor Party in Mexico; One in Jackson; My brother James's wedding in Gatlinburg, TN
June: One in Little Rock, AR
July: One in Ashtabula, OH

Whew! I'm tired just thinking about. That's more travel than in years past... my credit card company thought someone stole my card the day I booked all these flights. They called and made me verify the purchases! :)

I can't wait. The first one is tomorrow!

No comments: