Sunday, February 1, 2009

One Year Anniversary

Three posts in one day... but I have been planning to write this one for some time now.

Feb 1, 2008 was my first post on this blog. I wrote about making a King Cake and intended for this blog to be mostly about cooking. Ryan made a good bit of fun of me at the time, and still does sometimes in private. But he knows as much as I do that for at least my family and his family, this blog has been a good way for them to keep up with us. Over the year, there has been lots of cooking and eating written about here. I like to cook, we both like to eat, that's just how it goes.

But the blog has also had it's share of stories of our lifes and of late has transformed into a good place to post progress on our new house.

And, in all honesty, I didn't really think I would keep this up and be as regular at posting as I have been. I could be crowned the queen of starting things and not finishing them... like the cross stitch of the SAE coat of arms that I started in college and is 75% complete; or the wedding scrapbook that's barely been started; or the artwork I was going to make with Granddaddy's old license tags with his Ham Radio call sign on them; all the times I tried to start a journal. I guess there isn't a "finish" to this blog but I would have to say I really stuck with this and am proud of myself for it.

I enjoy writing when I can and it's nice to know there are a few "regulars" that read my blog... Hi Mom!! Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sarah,
Thanks for writing.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy One Year and One Day! I wish i was as dedicated to something as you! I also wish I could feed my man the way you do! You really need to show me how to do it. Ryan had a little smirk when he was informed that Kev is the cook! I have to show him that I can take care of his brother!

Love,
Steph