Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ike: Thursday Night

The storm track has shifted East/North with the projected eye hitting right into Galveston. The storm is also only projected to now be a Category 2. It looks like we will fare just fine.

Traffic was heavy on some roads today, mainly on I-10 West and I-45 North. My route home on BW 8 and SH 249 was "easy, breezy, (beautiful, Cover Girl)". The traffic near my house, on the 2 lane "farm road" that leads to the back end of The Woodlands was a nightmare. Luckily I knew an alternate route and was only delayed about 10 minutes.

One house on our street had boarded up windows today. I think this will prove to be excessive. Ryan has the garage cleaned up so that when we hang the bikes after Admiral's morning run, we can pull both cars in. I am sure we will get some rain and wind, no matter what. If the eye comes in at Galveston or anything East of there, we will for sure be safe and sound, much like with Rita. If it comes in to the West, we will likely get much more damage.

My office is closed tomorrow but all network connections will remain up until the end of day. I will work most of the day and Ryan has some lose ends to tie up. One neighborhood he builds in is "closed", its a gated community, so he only has one job that might have activity. I assume most of the day will just be watching the continuous (already started) news casts on the local channels.

We are still watching closely but I am not as nervous tonight as I was earlier today.

No comments: