Friday, September 12, 2008

Ike: Friday Night (part 2)


Quick addition to the original post. The above picture shows the radar of Ike. We are in that little green box area, pretty much the one spot that is not getting any rain, yet.
The sky was beautiful right before dark. I hope that isn't too much "calm before the storm". The wind is picking up here. Probably getting winds 30 to 40mph.

We are still pretty bored but want to stay up so that we are aware of what's happening. So what do you do when you are bored? Well, I bake... then eat.

I just finished up one of my standard Cookie Cakes with Wilton Butter Cream Icing. I made a cross between the stiff and medium consistency, using 3/4 c shortening and 1/4 cup butter. I also only used 1tbsp milk because I like a little heavier icing, not so fluffy. It was and still is yummy. At least we will have some good comfort food if we are without power
Ryan is playing XBox while he can. I could watch the news all night because I am a hurricane nerd but he is very much tired of it. I might sneak to the bedroom soon!!!

I think we might have at least an hour before we start to get the nasty stuff. Hopefully I'll get one more post in tonight.

No comments: