Saturday, August 14, 2010

Green Chile Chicken Enchilada’s

I’m slowly figuring out a routine that allows for working, time with Cason and cooking every night.  I’ve tried a few new things the past few weeks and this was definitely one of my favorites. 

DSC_0247

I always thought I didn’t like Enchilada’s because I don’t like the traditional ranchero sauce that most restaurants serve. After Cason was born, a few different people brought us enchilada’s.  Some were more traditional with beef and red sauce and some were chicken with cheese or sour cream sauce.  I liked all the different versions so I knew it was time to make them myself.

The Foodie Bride has a Green Chile-Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas Recipe that is highly recommended and freezes well so I decided to give it a try.  It was a huge success and not TOO hard to make. 

DSC_0243

I left out the cilantro (because I don’t like it) but didn’t change anything else.  We’ve had this several times in the last month since I made it the first time.  It makes enough for two full meals (I put one in the freezer) and some lunches of leftovers.  Perfect!

No comments: