Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy Super Bowl Sunday

We are having a few friends over to watch the game.  A sporting event is always a reason for me to bake and practice my cake decorating skills.   This is my standard sugar cookie cake with Wilton buttercream icing.  I’m pretty darn proud of myself!

DSC_0478

The fleur-de-lis was the most intimidating part.  But I think I did okay!DSC_0480

I’ve drawn a million horseshoes in my life, thanks to 4 years of being a Murrah Mustang Cheerleader! These didn’t scare me at all!DSC_0481 DSC_0485

Of course, I’m rooting for the Saints!  Growing up in Mississippi, the Saints were our team too.  And they always were terrible but we’d watch them on Sunday’s anyway.  Between Archie Manning and Deuce McAllister, the love for the Saints has only grown in Mississippi over the years.  It’s amazing to finally see them have good seasons in a row and to finally be on the big stage at the BIG GAME!  Go Saints!

No comments: