Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sauteed Fish


This recipe is another one I got from the girls in the recipe group. Until now, I had two ways I knew to cook fish. Natalie sent this recipe out recently so I was excited to try it.


Sauteed Trout
from Junior League of Lake Charles Cookbook

Speckled Trout or Redfish filets (I used Tilapia)
Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning to taste
1 cup milk
2 eggs
Italian-style bread crumbs
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil

Season the fish generously with creole seasoning.
Whisk the milk and eggs in a shallow dish.

Coat the seasoned filets in bread crumbs. Coat in the egg mixture and then coat in bread crumbs again.
Heat the butter and olive oil in a large heavy non-stick skillet over medium-heat.
Add the filets in a single layer.

Cook 3-4 minutes per side or until the fish flakes easily; do not overcook.


This was a really good meal. I don't LOVE fish but I really liked it cooked like this. It felt healthier than my normal "fried" fish.

No comments: